Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 21...Rest day and Week 3 Recap.

We are into Recovery Week! 

I was feeling quite run down this morning so X Stretch was out of the question. I am glad I decided to set up my schedule as is because there is no way I could do one of these workouts on Thursday morning...I hate feeling rushed before work. Besides, I have never had quality workouts in the morning so it would be a waste. With that said...onto the Week 3 Recap.

This week went by fast!! If you read the P90X fitness guide it talks about the Adaptive and Mastery phases of the plan. The adaptive phase is the first week or two of your schedule in which your body is getting used to the workouts and is generally sore from the stress. The mastery phase, usually around week 3, is when your body stops feeling sore and gets used to the rigors of the workouts...before the next adaptive phase begins. Needless to say, I strongly felt that my body was in full on Mastery phase during Chest/Back/ARX on Friday. I was pushing out reps left and right without feeling wasted. After the previous weeks it was nice to know that I was making some improvements. Plyo was a great workout other than the fact that my feet and ankles felt like they were taking a beating on our bare floor. Hopefully the carpet in my new workout room will alleviate the stress. Shoulders/Arms is one hell of a workout, and afterwards leaves me feeling pumped beyond belief. Yoga is hard.....no witty comments or funny quips...it's just a hard ass workout through and through! The half moons are still my nemesis because my quads feel like they're on FIRE through most of it. I was able to overcome some of the more difficult exercises during Legs/Back, like the Seiber Speed Squats, but the 3 position lunges were still painful. And trying to do ARX afterward is a challenge...a Double Dare physical challenge...kind of like the 1 ton human hamster wheel. Finally, Kenpo proved to be the most entertaining workout again...but I promise I will make it more challenging by adding ankle and hand weights over the course of the program. 

Today's Meals

Breakfast: 2 Whole Wheat Waffles with light syrup. Juicy Juice and coffee black.
Snack: 2 pieces of string cheese.
Lunch: Chicken pita with an orange.
Snack: Protein Bar
Dinner: Chicken Burrito from the Nutrition Guide.....and it was DELICIOUS!! I added Jalapenos for extra kick and it made a hell of a difference!

Tomorrow is Yoga X...the first day of the recovery week. I originally thought is was Core Synergistics, so I'm glad I glanced at my workout calender before I did the workout. It's supposed to be beautiful out tomorrow so yard work will be in my plans, but I plan on doing Yoga sometime in the afternoon. I'll keep you posted. Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment