Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day 13...Kenpo X

Alright, two weeks down!

Kenpo X today, and it was a sweaty good time I must say! My friend Ray joined me for today's festivities, and I think I sold him on P90X because he couldn't stop talking about how great of a workout it was. Yeah, Kenpo is actually fun, wait until he tries Plyo and Chest/Back...that's the hard stuff. 

Nonetheless, I was punching and kicking with ferocity tonight and sweating up a storm in the process. What I've noticed in these two Kenpo sessions is that there is a tendency to start slacking on the intensity as the workout progressed. Kicks become slower and lower, punches are thrown without as much force, etc. So when this happens the most important thing to do is grit your teeth and focus on the task at hand. The whole "Bring It" thing really applies to this workout because your body starts slowing down and you have to fight the urge to just stop. Determination is key with Kenpo

Today's Meals

Breakfast: Multi Grain Cheerios with Skim Milk. Protein shake (Whey, Skim Milk, Berries, Ice).
Snack: P90X Protein Bar. Very tasty!
Lunch: Turkey Samich (Wheat toast, mustard, romaine, tomato, pickle stacker), with an orange.
Snack: 2 pieces of String Cheese. Accelerade after workout.
Dinner: Spaghetti with roasted garlic and tomato sauce. 1 piece of garlic bread and 1 glass of wine.

My legs feel pretty worked over after the last two days so I'm not sure if I will do X Stretch tomorrow or just take a rest day. I have 1 more week of this schedule before I get my "rest" week, and I'm looking forward to not having to do Plyo during that time. However, I will have Core Synergistics and I've heard it's pretty challenging. Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment