Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Day 34...Kenpo X

I figured out a great way to maintain intensity throughout Kenpo....think of a person that pissed you off in the past and proceed to beat the crap out of them in your workout room. 

So that's what I did and it helped for many of the moves, especially the later moves when I seem to slow down a little bit. The toughest sequence for me is the Jab/Cross with the foot switch followed by Hook/Uppercut foot switch. Otherwise Kenpo is more about fun and sweating your ass off rather than feeling like your going to pass out ala Plyometrics. I added 5 lb. hand weights for the Block/Punch combo and it was HARD! By that point it was late into the workout and I was already feeling a little drained. Kenpo may be one of the easier P90X workouts but it sure doesn't pull any punches...figuratively and literally.

Today's Meals

Breakfast: Wheat bagel with Peanut butter. Juice and coffee black.
Snack: Protein shake
Lunch: Chicken pita from the nutrition guide. The unfortunate thing about this meal was the fact that my brand new, unopened container of Feta Cheese was actually open and most of the cheese had gone a little fuzzy if you know what I mean. I'm talking science experiment here. I called the company and voiced my dissatisfaction and they are sending me a coupon for a free one. So that's nice.
Snack: 2 pieces of string cheese.
Dinner: Leftover vegetarian chili.

A couple side notes. P90X recommends their Multi-Vitamin pack but I think it's too expensive. So I bought a bottle of Nature Made Multi-Vitamins instead and they work just fine. After my physical a couple months ago the doctor said I had a high Vitamin D deficiency so they put me on a plan that had me taking two 5,000 mg pills a day for three weeks. Afterwards I took one until my bottle ran out. I cannot stress how much of a difference this has made on my general well-being. During the winter I was completely stressed out and was suffering from mild depressive swings and anxiety. After taking the Vitamin D for a couple days I noticed a major improvement in how I felt and went through my day. Now I take three 1,000 mg pills in the morning and I will continue this until it gets a little nicer outside and my body starts producing it more naturally. 

So I have the optional X Stretch tomorrow which I probably won't do, and that means week 5 is in the books! I'll post a recap. tomorrow and then it's a new week. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment