Friday, April 24, 2009

Day 29...Chest/Shoulders/Tri's/ARX

With Phase 2 starting today I felt it was a great time to gloat over my minor accomplishments...pat my back a little bit. After all, I just completed 28 days of really challenging workouts and I felt that I had taken the worst that P90X could throw at me...........and then I did today's workout....

Any thoughts of P90X being a piece of cake from this point on were thrown right out the window the minute I started the Chest/Shoulders/Tri's workout. Holy Shit!!!! THIS is a friggin' challenge! I was starting to struggle three exercises in and the nearest break was nine away...this wasn't good! And then came Pike Press. I did five reps....FIVE!! 

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?!"

...was what I yelled as I completely forgot about all of my Phase 1 triumphs and faced a sobering fact...I have 60 more days of this shit! All the push up exercises were harder in this workout, the triceps exercises were VERY challenging, and I was struggling every step of the way. This was not how I expected to begin Phase 2 but I guess this is how it is. It's like going back to Day 1. So I have resigned to the fact that this will continue to push me to my physical limits and I am glad for that...because that is what will yield the desired results. 

And today I welcomed the return of Ab Ripper! Woo hoo!! I busted out full reps on Bicycles, Hip Raise, Wide leg sit ups, Mason Twist, and ALMOST all of the V-Up's. Fifer scissors, Crunchy Frog, and the sit up/V-up combo's still elude my abilities...but I'm getting better! Recovery drink was a needed addition to today's festivities.

Today's Meals

Breakfast: Cheese Scrambler with Turkey Bacon. OJ and coffee black.
Snack: Protein Bar
Lunch: 2 PB&J sandwiches
Snack: Accelerade
Dinner: Chicken Burrito from the Nutrition Plan...which is delicious! I highly recommend it!

So tomorrow is the return of Plyometrics! And Sunday I will join Jason for the last new workout, Back/Bi's/ARX. This is going to be a tough week but I am looking forward to these new challenges.....still though.......

...F**k the Pike Press...

No comments:

Post a Comment