Thursday, April 2, 2009

Day 7...X Stretch and Week 1 Recap.

Day 7 is the rest day. However I chose to pop in the X Stretch DVD instead and prepare my slightly sore muscles for week 2. It was an amalgamation of Yoga X and all the stretches you perform before and after the various workouts. Nothing too unfamiliar here but I have to say I am not a fan of the Frog stretch. I can see why its important...you don't want to pull a groin muscle...but that doesn't make it any less painful. Otherwise the workout is about 50 minutes of stretches that cover your body top to bottom and was pretty therapeutic for me because of slight stiffness and soreness I am experiencing in my legs from Kenpo

Speaking of soreness, my upper body is finally free of it after the brutal Day 1, which is just in time for me to do Chest/Back again! Yaaay! I am going to try to push harder tomorrow and top my rep counts from last week because I felt like I held back a bit. Decline push ups and Diamond push ups are still my nemesis and I shall conquer them! We shall see...

Today's Meals

Breakfast: Multi Grain Cheerios with cup of Skim Milk. Protein shake (Skim milk and whey)
Snack: PB&J Samich
Lunch: Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Whole Grain Medley with an apple.
Snack: Celery with Peanut butter
Dinner: 4 Potato and Four Cheese Pierogi. Green beans on the side. I treated myself to a bottle of MGD 64 beer because I had a shitty day at work. I HATE being stuck indoors while it's 65 and sunny out. 

Week 1 Recap.

Overall week 1 of P90X was tough, sweaty, painful, and rewarding! Bottom line is that I didn't expect this to be easy. I had heard enough about it from friends and on blogs to understand the commitment that this program demands. There's no way I'm quitting before Day 90.

Day 1 was hard as hell because I don't think I've ever done that many push ups and pull ups...my muscles were screaming at me, and then they just stopped working. Waking up the next morning was unpleasant to say the least and having to jump (quite literally) into Plyometrics that night was not fun at all. Day 3 was nice because of the familiar exercises and having Jason there to push me. Having the nice change of pace that is Yoga is great after you are sick of resistance training, but there's no way I could call it easy and keep a straight face. I absolutely despised Day 5 with all the friggin' lunges and squats and I am not looking forward to doing it again this week at all. Kenpo was fun as hell and tiring at the same time...just a great calorie burner. And rest days? I've rested enough for the last few years. Doing the X Stretch today got me up this morning and kept me in the P90X frame of mind. 

Week 2 begins tomorrow with Chest/Back/Ab Ripper X. I have 3 weeks before the beginning of Phase 2, so I have a lot of work ahead of me and I'm looking forward to it. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment