Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 38...Back/Bi's/ARX

Missed a post again...I apologize. After work, working out, then hauling the remaining parts of my fence into the dumpster, I was a bit whipped and not really wanting to jump on the computer for a blog post. But I'm here now soooo...

...Today was Back/Bi's/ARX and it was tough. The second week of these phases seems like it always a challenge and today was no exception. One of the main problems I run into is that my dumbell set is one that has removable plates and I hate having to spend extra time switching for every exercise. When I did this workout at Jason's last week he has the solid hexagonal dumbell's which are exactly what I want. Anyways, I matched or increased my rep counts this time for most of the exercises but as the workout progressed I really started to struggle with some of the curls. It was either muscle fatigue or the fact that I didn't have a protein bar before...I need to order another box. I struggled with the Crunchy Frog and Fifer scissors on ARX again but completed FULL reps on the rest! I'm very happy with my Ab Ripper progress over these weeks and I feel like 100% completion is much closer than I thought! 

Yesterday's Meals

Breakfast: Wheat Bagel with peanut butter. Juice and coffee.
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Turkey sandwich with Healthy Choice Garden Veggie soup. Yogurt.
Snack: Accelerade.
Dinner: Ground Sirloin burger with Grillin' Beans and a pickle.

I have a day off today! So I can do my Yoga without feeling rushed. Hopefully this will allow me to have a better session than last week. Later!

1 comment:

  1. What I did with my dumbbells with removable plates is to buy the 1 inch clips that hook onto the ends which hold the weight in place. They cost about $3 a pair and are thinner than a spinlock which means you can add more weight.

    I would like to switch to regular freeweights similar to what they use in the workouts but they are just so expensive. I think it's about $1+ a lb. which is a lot.

    ReplyDelete