Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 40...Legs/Back/ARX

So today I had to sit at a work meeting for most of the day...I guess it was my penance for a Monday off. I didn't eat that well today because the corporate trainer supplied pizza for lunch and it looked a little more appetizing than my Turkey Sandwich. I need more self control. As the day went on a pretty bad headache formed and I just felt like going to bed when I got home. So that's what I did. I got home around four and took a 45 minute nap. When I woke up my headache was there to greet me! There is nothing worse than waking up with a f**king headache and I had two options for the rest of the day. I could take Excedrin and kill the headache fast and pretty much take a rest day because I can't workout on a diuretic, OR I could suck it up, push play, and BRING IT!!

I chose option two because....umm...I don't know why. I guess I would hate myself for missing my scheduled workout. My head was pounding for the warm up and the first 20 minutes of Legs/Back, but somewhere around the Sneaky Lunges and Single Leg Wall Squat my headache magically disappeared! The relief was AMAZING and I pushed hard through the rest of the workout...upping my rep counts on all the exercises including the pull ups. I ate an apple before the workout but I hadn't eaten a proper meal since noon and that was crap pizza, so I was feeling quite famished and a little dizzy when I started Ab Ripper. It went fast though and I was happy to finish all 25 reps on Crunchy Frog for the first time! So that leaves the reverse Bicycles and Fifer Scissors as the only two ARX exercises I have yet to complete in full...but I'm close!

Today's Meals

Breakfast: Cinnamon Wheat Waffles with light syrup. Juice and coffee black.
Snack: 2 pieces of string cheese
Lunch: Pizza...I need to get back in the Nutrition plan without these slip-ups. 
Snack: Apple and Accelerade after workout
Dinner: Turkey Sandwich

It's hard to believe that I'm almost half way done with the program! These first 40 days have gone by relatively quickly and I'm liking the results. I'm not going to toot my own horn here but I will say that today is proof to myself that no matter how terrible I feel, I still find the determination to push play and Bring It again! To anyone reading this I hope that if you're doing P90X as well, you continue to push play and stick with the program no matter what. The ends definitely justify the means...but the means are pretty damn rewarding as well! Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment