Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day 3...Shoulders/Arms/Ab Ripper X

Alright folks, onto Day 3. 

Woke up with soreness in the Tri's and shoulders still. It's probably going to be that way for at least a week because of the shock my body took doing those exercises for the first time. Ab's hurt a little more than yesterday but legs were not that bad. I'm hoping the soreness doesn't creep up on me for my Plyo workout. After a great day of work I got home and made my Recovery Drink, which I drank half of before and the other half after the workout. My friend Jason had me over his house for tonight's festivities because he is on the same schedule, just a week later. 

I liked today's workout a lot! It was nice to be doing exercises I was familiar with like bicep curls and tricep extensions. Don't get me wrong...I worked my ass off tonight and was definitely BRINGING IT! Absolutely KILLED the Chair Dips exercise which surprised me. A few of the shoulder exercises, the fly's in particular, were very hard and some I resorted to using Jason's bands to maintain good form. It actually felt good to do these exercises because they loosened up my sore muscles a lot. Ab Ripper followed and once again it was a very unforgiving 16 minutes. Some of the moves I can do for 3 seconds and then the burning in my core becomes unbearable. I really tried to Bring It this time but it's still a killer workout. My new yoga mat made it bearable because I wasn't getting rug burn tonight...so that's nice.

Today's Meals

Breakfast: Scrambled Egg Beaters on Wheat Bagel with Turkey Bacon and Berry Juice. I also had a cup of coffee black. I tried to make a cup yesterday but I forgot to run water through my new coffee maker before brewing for the first time. I was left with plastic-tasting coffee. MMMM!
Snack: 3 Pieces of String Cheese...2 just doesn't cut it.
Lunch: Turkey samich on wheat with romaine, tomato, and mustard. Apple on the side.
Snack: Recovery Drink before and after workout. Used it to boost my energy without eating food.
Dinner: Boneless Chicken breast with Cajun rub. Peas on the side.
Special Note: I don't drink anything but water for my meals unless noted. 

I just want to say that even though I'm sore as hell, I still feel great after working out and eating well. I'm starting to see the slightest bit of definition in my arms and that is very encouraging. I was telling Jason tonight that every morning I wake up and say to myself "There's no way I can work out today." And every day I suck it up and BRING IT! If any of you are trying P90X and are struggling through the early days, I will say take it one day at a time and stick with it because nothing worthwhile is ever easy.......I freakin' sound like Tony Robbins. 

See you tomorrow for Day 4...Yoga X! Dhalsim would be so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment