Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 2...Plyometrics!

Day 2 is in the books and I am exhausted. Before I get to the workout let me just give you a little insight into my morning.

Woke up around 5 am...NOT my scheduled wake up...could not get back to sleep for almost two hours thanks to a persistent burning pain in both my triceps and a little in the shoulders. Definitely not a "Oh shit I'm injured" kind of sharp pain, just dull, burning, irritating pain that would not stop. I rolled out of bed and noticed that when I bent over to pick up some socks...oh yeah, I also did Ab Ripper last night and here's the reminder! Trying to suck it up and head to work I found that turning the steering wheel was a challenge. No heavy lifting for me today, just walked around stretching as much as I could. Tri's and Delts are still feeling the most soreness, but after today's workout I imagine my legs won't be far behind. 

Plyometrics is dynamic jumping cardio and you will ping pong in front of your TV for about an hour with only a few 30 second water breaks...I took a couple more though...thank you pause button! My fiance Stephanie agreed to join me for today's workout and we both huffed and puffed through each lunge, jumping squat, and hot foot that was thrown at us. REALLY sweat today! Plain and simple, I've NEVER sweat that much in any workout. I took Tony's advice and made my well-earned Recovery Drink and guzzled it down. Made some dinner and after this post I will hit the shower and then the bed. Saturday night party? Nope, working out and getting to bed early. Like I said I am here to make a lifestyle change and it doesn't make sense to do all this work only to get drunk and consequently hungover and miss a day of my workout. Screw that! I'm Bringing It!!

Today's Meals

Breakfast: 2 Whole Wheat Waffles with light syrup and light Country Crock. Juicy Juice Berry to wash it down.
Snack: 2 Pieces of Low fat String Cheese....not enough food! Need bigger snack. Me growing boy!
Lunch: Turkey Sandwich on Wheat Bread with romaine, tomato, and mustard. Apple on the side.
Snack: Cup of baby carrots with hummus...tasty!
Pre-workout snack: 1/2 an apple with 1 TBSP of Peanut Butter. (I only did this to give me more energy for the workout...I was feeling very hungry. Next time I will drink my recovery drink throughout the workout period as recommended by Tony). After Plyo I had my Recovery Drink which I needed badly.
Dinner: 3 oz. Salmon Fillet with a side salad. Salmon was broiled with Olive Oil, Rosemary and Garlic powder on it. Salad was 3 leaves of romaine with 2 slices of tomato and 1 TBSP of Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette. Very tasty!

It's time for my shower. Tomorrow I will join my friend Jason for Day 3 which is Shoulders and Arms. I think my arms might actually fall off or at least explode due to the stress they've already been under after yesterday. We have Tri exercises tomorrow...WHOOPPEEEE!! Can't wait for THAT pain! The only way to get through this is one day at a time so I will suck it up and Bring it for another day. Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment