Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Introductions and greetings...

Hello hello hello! Thanks for checking out my blog!

My name is Kevin and the purpose of this blog will be to give you, the reader, an insight into the grueling and somewhat masochistic world of the P90X home workout.

First a little background. I am 27, I am engaged to a beautiful woman, I have two cats, and I bought my first house a year ago. I have done workouts before; been a member at a few gyms, but over the last few years I have fallen into a steady sloth-like existence of beer, bad food, and general inactivity. I am not fat by any means, but after a recent visit to the doctors office for a physical I found out that I have high cholesterol. This, on top of a persistent heart palp that would appear on occasion, has pushed me into getting myself healthy again. AND I'm getting married, so needless to say I don't want any heart attacks for at least 60 years. After that...whatever. Not many people like being 90 anyways.

So all of that leads me to P90X. Like a lot of people I first heard of P90X on their morning infomercials, which are very effective in their marketing of the product. However I shrugged it off many times as just another workout DVD that sucks and is overpriced. After a few unsuccessful attempts at starting a workout regiment that was effective and after seeing a couple of my friends purchase the program I became interested. More viewings of the infomercial combined with reading other blogs, especially 90dayreview.com, spurred me into buying it over the phone. That was last Monday.

So as of this post I am waiting for my P90X to be shipped, which according to the customer service rep. I talked to today, is currently in Ohio. Yes indeed, I am excited to start this thing. And I am assuming my excitement will reach a fever pitch until the moment I press play and realize..."Oh shit, this is gonna kick my ASS!" For any of you (All 2 of you at this point) who know anything about P90X, you must realize that this program is not easy by any stretch of the imagination. And frankly, as much as I have heard about it, I don't think I understand just how hard it will be. However I am looking forward to the challenge because I've never pushed myself hard enough in any workout and I have about 100 days before the wedding. It's time to get to work.

So...every day of the workout I will post an update of how the days workout went, what food I ate, and how many times I shouted obscenities at the TV. Plus I will post the classic P90X before and after pics so you can gawk at how my flabby/scrawny form transformed into a lean, ripped , and much more sexually appealing body.

I look forward to starting the program on Friday (3 days) and feel free to give me any feedback as the weeks go on. Be prepared to BRING IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment