Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 9...Plyometrics

"The room is starting to spin...I think I need some air."

Those words were uttered by yours truly tonight right around the beginning of the cool down portion of today's Plyometrics workout. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I pushed as hard as I could tonight and the result was a slight wave of nausea and tilted vision. I had to step outside and get my bearings because my living room turned into a sauna...a sweaty sauna...with no ventilation, and I was huffing and puffing through the last 15 minutes. 

No one says Plyo is easy...at least no one I know...and frankly I wouldn't want to meet the person that does think it's easy because they're most likely an alien or at least a mutant of some sort. Either way they'd be weird and distrustful. As far as the workout is concerned, the damn Mary Katherine Lunges and the Squat Jacks are the absolute worst, and pushing through them with full rep counts takes serious will power and a smidgen of masochism. 

Even if I WANTED to go out tonight, I don't think I would stay out late because I'm completely drained. The most activity I have done tonight was making my dinner and typing this post. I watched MSU defeat UCONN (Not that I really give a crap about college hoops...because I don't) and I will be taking a much needed shower in a few minutes. I can give you a quick update on my progress in P90X so far.

I have lost 5 lbs. and 1 belt notch. I am starting to see some serious definition in my chest and well as the delts, bi's, and tri's. During Plyo today I was able to stay with the group for most of the exercises...excluding MK Lunges...and I increased my rep counts yesterday during Chest/Back. I am VERY happy with this program so far and I can't wait to see the end results.

Today's Meals

Breakfast: Bowl of Multi grain Cheerios with a cup of skim milk. Protein Shake (Whey, Skim Milk)
Snack: 2 Pieces of string cheese
Lunch: Chicken salad (Romaine, Spinach, Tomato, Cucumber) with an Orange.
Snack: Celery sticks with Peanut butter. Accelerade after the workout...MUCH needed!
Dinner: Tuna Samich with 2 cups of Bush's Grillin' Beans, Steakhouse Recipe.

It's shower time! Tomorrow I have Shoulders/Arms/Ab Ripper X and then I'm going over a friend's house to watch Wrestlemania 25. I don't even watch wrestling anymore but I always get together with friend's for 'Mania...it's a tradition. Later!


No comments:

Post a Comment