Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day 19...Legs/Back/ARX

Today was my final day of Resistance training until week 5 so I tried to really Bring It today. Key word there is "tried," because this is my least favorite workout. I'm just not a fan of lunges...there's nothing else I can say. The three position lunges and the ISO Lunges kick my ass every time. I increased my rep counts on all of the pull ups and was able to do full reps on the Seiber Speed Lunges, so I was happy about that. 

Ab Ripper is a pain in the ass after doing legs. I felt really whipped and had a tough time with the Heels to the Heavens and the Scissors. I'm consistently doing the full 50 reps on the Mason Twist and I was finally able to do all 25 reps of the Wide Leg sit ups. So I am seeing improvement, it's just a little at a time. 

Today's Meals

Breakfast: Whole Wheat English muffin with peanut butter. Orange on the side.
Snack: Protein Bar
Lunch: Two PB&J sandwiches with skim milk.
Snack: Accelerade after workout. 
Dinner: TACO NIGHT!! El Paso Taco Dinner kit made with black beans, lettuce, tomato, sauce, and jalapenos. No meat or sour cream for me so they were relatively healthy...and DELICIOUS!!

Kenpo tomorrow with an optional X Stretch on Thursday. After that it's Recovery Week and my first foray into Core Synergistics. Also I tried on a pair of pants today and I was amazed at how big they were on me. That is a GREAT sign!! The results are starting to show and I couldn't be happier! Until tomorrow...good night!

1 comment:

  1. You might want to consider doing Ab Ripper before you do your weight training workout. I started doing this a couple of weeks ago and prefer doing it before. That way, you get it overwith ahead of time and don't have to worry about doing it when you're tired. Great work!

    ReplyDelete