Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day 17...Shoulders/Arms/ARX

Happy Easter everyone! Well, it's always tough trying to eat healthy during holidays and today was no exception. I was doing great until I had to go over my future in-laws house for dinner and they made Lasagna. So I ate it...absolutely delicious! Probably not very healthy because of all the cheese but I bet it's better than eating out. I know what you're going to say and frankly I don't give a crap. I'm a fan of making excuses so whatever...I enjoyed my lasagna thank you very much!

My living room was becoming crowded and cluttered with all the equipment I am using for P90X, and it's also tough on my feet and ankles when I have to do Plyo on the bare floor. So I turned my second bedroom into a workout room today. I had an extra TV that was in the basement and now I can do my workouts in privacy and without my feet taking a beating because the room is carpeted. Shoulders/Arms was a tough one today with the inside/outside fly's, in particular, being a big challenge as I tried to maintain perfect form by not bending my elbows. Perfect form was my goal today instead of increasing the weight. I increased rep counts from last week and was able to push out 26 reps on each arm during the side tricep extensions. I was pretty sapped of strength by the time Ab Ripper started that I was struggling big time during bicycles. I managed to push for full reps on the Hip Raise and the Mason Twist again. That made me happy!

Today's Meals

Breakfast: Cheese Scrambler with turkey bacon. Piece of wheat toast and Juicy Juice.
Snack: Protein Bar.
Lunch: 2 PB&J sandwiches with skim milk. Apple on the side.
Dinner: Homemade lasagna. We ate dinner kind of early so it screwed up my meal times a little bit. No second snack for me today.

Easter with Steph's family was fun. The dinner was delicious and I won $48 bucks playing Egg or No Egg...which is basically their version of Deal or No Deal...instead of briefcases to open, we open plastic Easter eggs. And her Mom isn't a bald person named Howie...so I guess there are some differences. Last year I only won 5 bucks so it was a definite improvement this year!

Yoga X tomorrow...time to burn some of that lasagna off! My friend Paige and his girlfriend Trista are now doing P90X lean and from what I can tell Trista is not a fan of the Superman Banana in Core Synergistics...which I have on Friday...I can't wait! Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment