Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 47...Legs/Back/ARX

Let me just go ahead and say it...Jury Duty is one of the most inane, mind-numbing, complete wastes of time. Sitting around for almost 8 hours with nothing to do is a serious test of your patience. I completed my vows in about 2 hours and suffered until the lunch break, after which I brought along a book to read. However, an hour after that I actually got called into the courtroom with a group of 30. The judge interviewed the prospective jurors and either approved or dismissed them based on their answers. You could tell the people that didn't want to do it...they were the one's coming up with some whoppers. One girl even played the damn race card...seriously how f**king desperate to not get picked do you have t be to claim that you are racist in front of a group of 30 people?!? I bet she was proud of herself after when the judge dismissed her. Anyways, I wasn't picked so I went home stressed and in need of a workout.

Legs/Back was good this week. This being my last resistance training day until Phase 3 I really tried to use perfect form, increase pull up rep counts, and increase weight on the lunges. It was tough because I didn't eat much at friggin' jury duty, and what I did eat was Taco Bell because our break was short. Thus I was really struggling to keep up the intensity for the workout. I never realized how hard it is to do these workouts when you don't have a proper nutrition plan for the day. I can say that I am doing more unaided pull ups now and when I do use the chair I push it way back to make it harder. I was happy to do Ab Ripper and get off my feet for a little bit. Reverse bikes killed but I did full Fifer Scissors and V-up/Roll ups. My improvements are very evident during ARX.

Today's Meals

Breakfast: Wheat bagel with peanut butter and coffee black
Snack: No snack...damn jury duty
Lunch: Taco Bell...damn jury duty
Snack: Accelerade after workout. I was starving at this point!
Dinner: Grilled sirloin burger with peas. Absolutely delicious after how little I ate today!

No more jury duty for at least a year so that's nice. I can't handle that crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment