Monday, March 30, 2009

Day 4...Yoga X

Another day, another workout. Today was Yoga X and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I've never done Yoga before so this was new to me, but I felt very invigorated after doing it. 

The hardest part for me was just understanding the moves and how each one flowed into the other. Once I figured out the overall pattern I could stop watching the TV and just concentrate on my breathing and the move itself. And I sweat...A LOT! Yes folks, this is quite a workout. For the muscle heads who think that Yoga doesn't fit into their workout plans, I say NAY!! Learning to control your body and breathing is essential for ANY workout and Yoga gives you the discipline to maintain proper form for any exercise. Needless to say I had a lot of fun with it. And then I had dinner...

Today's Meals

Breakfast: Protein Shake (Whey, Berries, Skim Milk, Ice)
Snack: PB&J Samich on wheat
Lunch: Chicken Salad with apple
Snack: Activia Yogurt and cup of diced peaches. Recovery drink before and after Yoga.

...Dinner was a mistake. Shouldn't have done it and am now regretting it a lot. Steph's parents took us out to Olive Garden. That in itself is not bad because there are healthier things on their menu, but what I choose was not one of them. I only ate one bread stick and a bowl of minestrone. Not too bad. My entree was Shrimp Caprese. I only ate half of the serving because I subconsciously knew that it probably wasn't good for me. I searched the nutrition guides for the dish and this was the result....

Calories: 1533  (Ouch! That was a kick to the nuts)
Calories from fat: 430 (Not good)
Total Fat: 47.9g (WTF?!)
Saturated Fat: 22.9g (Olive Garden just lost me as a customer)
Cholesterol: 437mg (You're only supposed to have less than 300 per day...Fuck Shrimp Caprese!!)
Sodium: 1249g  (Was someone hosting Salt Fest 2009 when this dish was created?!)
Carbs: 193.5g  (I suspected it was bad...Olive Garden is a pasta place after all)

Okay, that sucked. I'm just glad I had the foresight to only eat half that entree and cut those totals in half as well. But seriously, WTF?!?!?! Are all restaurants like this? Treating yourself is one thing, eating your entire daily amount of Calories for the day in one sitting is another. That's it, I'm done. I simply cannot eat out anymore. The next time I do will be for my bachelor party but that's all! I cannot flush all this hard work down the toilet for one stupid, over-priced meal at a chain restaurant. I'm sorry Tony! I have sinned!!!

Anyways, tomorrow is Legs/Back/Ab Ripper X. You better believe I'm going to BRING IT to make up for this sorry ass entree choice. And my leftovers from tonight? Already in the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment