Friday, April 3, 2009

Day 8...Chest/Back/Ab Ripper X

I am posting Day 8 a little early today because Steph and I are getting together with friends for a party, and the last thing I'm going to do is jump on the computer for 20 minutes blogging. So I'm here now, with week 2 underway and dinner in an hour. 

So we celebrate the new week by repeating the last and that means today was Chest/Back/Ab Ripper again! (Cue trumpets and confetti) During the workout Tony makes a comment about the Chest/Back workout being "The Mother of All P90X workouts." I would like to revise that proclamation by adding the word "FUCKER" between Mother and Of. Then and only then will you understand how I feel about this one. I went into today feeling pretty good and energized, but I STILL struggled through the Diamond push ups and most of the 2nd half. With the other resistance days, they're challenging and sometimes painful, but I can still get through them doing most if not all the reps. Chest/Back makes me feel very weak and pathetic. The people in the DVD are pushing out 30 reps for a lot of the exercises, and I'm only clearing 10-15 at the most...sometimes 6-8. The push ups kill me...absolutely KILL ME every time.

The two bright spots for me were 1. Recognizing the fact that I was able to at least increase my rep counts from the previous week...displaying some level of improvement...however trivial it may seem to me. 2. I was able to do a set of Decline Push ups in the 2nd set this week. If you recall, I fell flat on my face last week during the same point in the workout. 

Getting in the shower I noticed that I was having a hard time washing my hair again because my arms were completely shot. I wonder if I will wake up tomorrow with pain again? I hope not.

Today's Meals

Breakfast: 2 Whole Wheat Waffles with syrup and a little bit of Country Crock. Protein shake with it. I had to use water this time because I ran out of Skim Milk.
Snack: Apple with Peanut Butter. Accelerade before and after workout.
Lunch: Turkey Samich on wheat with Romaine, Tomato, and mustard.
Snack: Baby carrots with hummus.
Dinner: Chicken Pita from the Nutrition Guide. Delicious!

Tomorrow is Plyo again and I'm excited for it! I know what to expect and I plan on really trying to BRING IT for the entire hour of jumps, squats, and lunges. As always I will keep you posted. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment