Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 20...Kenpo X

"Fight 'till you drop, never stop, can't give up, 'till you reach the top!!"

-"You're the best around" by Joe Esposito. Karate Kid Soundtrack-

I pretty much hum that song throughout Kenpo...it keeps me going. Because if it helped Ralph Macchio it can help me! 

Kenpo went great today! I even tried using 5 lb. weights during a few of the punch exercises. That is tough right now so I think I will keep adding the weight here and there and over time it will get easier. I will probably buy some ankle and hand weights to add some difficulty...which other P90X'ers have done (Thanks Heather). I really tried kicking with a lot of force tonight, especially during the back kicks. This is such a fun exercise and I love the fact that the "Break" is somewhat harder than the exercises themselves...stupid X's. 

Today's Meals

Breakfast: Wheat bagel with Peanut butter. Juicy Juice. Black coffee.
Snack: 2 pieces of string cheese.
Lunch: Turkey sandwich on wheat (Romaine, tomato, mustard) with an orange.
Snack: Pistachios and Accelerade after workout.
Dinner: Chicken with peas and side salad.

Once again, I may or may not do X Stretch tomorrow. It depends on if I get up early enough. I am about to enter my recovery week, which is a good thing because my ankles and legs have taken a beating with Plyo and Kenpo. I'm excited to do Core Synergistics, mainly because it's been a few weeks since I've done a new workout. Although I'm kind of worried about Superman Banana...it looks hard. As always I will keep you posted and I will do my week 3 recap. tomorrow. Have a good night!

1 comment:

  1. You'll have no probs with Superman Banana. It's not too difficult. Glad I could help with the ankle weight idea!

    ReplyDelete