Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day 35...X Stretch and Week 5 Recap

Steph and I went out last night for a friends birthday and we stayed out later than we expected. As a result I had absolutely no plans to do X Stretch this morning, but surprisingly I woke up early and with energy to spare. So I popped it in and it was nice to do the stretches after such a challenging week. The last time I did X Stretch as the optional choice was the final day of week 1 when my body was in complete shock. So it makes sense that I did X Stretch after doing these harder resistance workouts this week. The only snag I ran into was that my hamstrings were very tight and those particular stretches were quite the challenge. I wasn't able to keep a straight leg with holding my toes, which I normally do during Yoga. 

Today's Meals

Breakfast: Wheat bagel with peanut butter. Juicy juice berry.
Snack: Protein shake
Lunch: Turkey sandwich with an apple
Snack: PB&J Sandwich. Pistachios.
Dinner: 3 Potato and Cheese pierogi and a bowl of peas.

So that completes Week 5! Time for the Recap:

Chest/Shoulders/Tri's- Considering I have to do this tomorrow I will just say that it is one of the most challenging P90X workouts and I hope I'm able improve a little bit this week. Those damn Pike Press' kicked my ass last time!

Plyo- What needs to be said about Plyo? It doesn't get easier. I improved on the MK Lunges; that is a victory in itself. The person who invented Plyo is evil.

Back/Bi's- I joined Jason for this workout and I felt MUCH better about it than the first day. All those curls suck but I was still able to do them...the push ups from the first day were very hard to keep up the rep counts.

Yoga X- I really struggled with Yoga this past week and that makes me angry. I love this workout and it's a shame that I performed so poorly this time. I don't think my head was in the right place...I just couldn't hold a lot of the moves this time, including the warriors. I will try to Bring It this week!

Legs/Back- I increased my pull up rep counts this time and did all the reps on the Sneaky Lunge. Overall I felt good about this one...but the day after my Glutes were hating me. 

Kenpo X- Rocked it! Released some anger, sweat a ton, had a really good workout! From this point on it's going to be about adding hand and ankle weights to increase the intensity.

Ab Ripper X- I can't end this recap without mentioning ARX! The only moves I cannot complete with full reps are Fifer Scissors, Backward Bicycles, Crunchy Frog, and V-Up combos. I am slowly conquering this workout and the definition it's creating on my stomach is all the proof I need to tell me it's working! As Tony says...."Get it up! This is AB RIPP-ER X!!"

Tomorrow begins Week 6...I'm about half way there! The dreaded Chest/Shoulder/Tri workout awaits me and I will try to kick its ass this time! Have a good night!

1 comment:

  1. Muahaha, have fun with the one arm and clap pushups! I love the next day soreness of it all, very addicting.

    ReplyDelete