Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 11...Yoga X

Namaste everyone! You can call me Dhalsim tonight, if you wish, because I completed my first full Yoga X workout! I find it amusing that every time I post on here it seems like I'm always saying "Tonight's workout was hard...I'm exhausted." Which leads me to believe that an "Easy" day of P90X doesn't really exist. 

Yoga X is an amazing workout! Serious willpower and determination needed to get through all the Downward dogs and Half moons...it was tough. When I did Yoga last week, I had to cut the workout short because Steph asked me to go with her and her parents to Olive Garden, and you know how that ended. So tonight was my first full Yoga x workout and I loved it! Of course I stumbled more than a few times and my legs were absolutely BURNING during the Half Moon's, but I felt very refreshed afterwards. This is an intense, sweaty, somewhat uncomfortable workout that doesn't pull any punches until the last 15 minutes or so. All the moves flow into one another with little to no break, and it took a lot out of me. Nonetheless, it was a nice change of pace from the resistance training and the manic action of Plyo. Tomorrow is Legs/Back again and that makes me sad...I really despise it. Oh well.

Today's Meals

Breakfast: Whole Wheat bagel with peanut butter and a glass of Juicy juice berry.
Snack: Activia Raspberry yogurt and a cup of diced peaches.
Lunch: Chicken Salad (Romaine, Spinach, Tomato, Cucumber, Dressing) with an apple.
Snack: Baby carrots and hummus. Accelerade after Yoga.
Dinner: Broiled Salmon with peas.

Salmon has become one of my favorite meals after starting the Nutrition plan. All I do is buy the 3-4 oz. fillets and broil them in my toaster oven for about 12-14 minutes. I put a tbsp. of Olive Oil on it and season it with Cajun rub and a little garlic powder. It is delicious! I will usually eat it with brown rice or peas, and possibly my Sun Dried Tomato Dressing as a dipping sauce if I need more flavor. Great protein and Omega 3's in the dish and it very easy to make. Highly recommended if you are doing these workouts!

My legs will take another beating tomorrow, but maybe I'll do better after the workout they've been receiving through Plyo and Yoga. We'll see. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment