Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 14...Rest Day and Week 2 Recap

Nothing much to report today because I decided to take a rest day instead of doing X Stretch. I didn't feel like getting up early and it's already 9 pm by the time I get home on Thursdays. So it's time for the Week 2 Recap.

Week 2 was challenging...I'm not going to lie to you. The soreness from Week 1 has disappeared but the workouts seemed harder this week for some reason. Chest/Back was a struggle and I'm glad I will have a break from it after tomorrow. I noticed improvement when I reviewed my rep counts and saw that I increased them from the previous week. Plyo was great/killer this week. I pushed as hard as I could throughout the workout and my reward was dizziness. I had to go outside because my living room was stifling...next time I'm opening a window and turning on a fan. Shoulders/Arms was harder than last week and I plan on improving on my sorry performance on Sunday. My first full session of Yoga kicked my ass, in a good way, and left me feeling refreshed...and exhausted. My focus on Monday will be to improve my form on the Half moons which were my bane this past week. Legs/Back was better this week and I am seeing improvements thanks to the amount of leg work involved in P90X. Kenpo yesterday was fun and is probably my most enjoyable workout. Finally, Ab Ripper was hard as usual, but doing the full 50 reps on Mason Twist was a BIG accomplishment for me! I want to see what other ARX exercises I can dominate!

Today's Meals

Breakfast: Wheat bagel with peanut butter and Juicy Juice
Snack: P90X Protein Bar.
Lunch: Leftover Spaghetti with an orange.
Snack: 2 pieces of string cheese.
Dinner: Chicken Pita with Garden Veggie Baked Wheat Thins.

2 Weeks Down!!! I have two weeks left of Phase 1, another repeat and one rest week, and then the program switches up on me...the whole "muscle confusion" thing. I've noticed some muscle-building and slight slimming down, but nothing breathtaking yet...not that I expected that after only two weeks. My problem area is my gut...thanks to beer...and I can't wait for it to disappear. I just want to get these next two weeks over with so that Phase 2 can begin and I can start some new workouts and see some serious body transformations! See you tomorrow for Chest/Back/ARX again! Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment